If you liked our Honey Garlic Pork Chops recipe, then this fried Shrimp recipe is going to amaze you.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- 20 peeled and deveined medium-size shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf of the New Orleans style French Bread (the recipe is on the site)
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of spicy mustard
- 12 sandwich sliced pickles
- 12 slices of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- In a medium-sized bowl, place all-purpose flour, the Italian parsley, rosemary, minced garlic, celery salt, and the fresh ground pepper and mix it up. Then in another small bowl mix the egg and water, and in another medium-size bowl place the cornmeal.
- Then in a 2 qt. saucepan place the oil and heat it up over medium heat.
- Than once you notice the oil is hot take a shrimp place it into the flour mix and cover the shrimp, then place it into the egg mix, and the last place it into the cornmeal mix than place into the oil, I would do four at a time in the pan of oil, then when they are a golden brown color which is about 5 to 8 minutes take them out and place on a plate continue this step until all the shrimps are cooked.
- Then take the loaf of bread,I use a New Orleans style French bread because they say it’s not a Traditional Po Boy unless it’s on french bread, and cut it into 4 inch pieces which will give you four sandwiches, and cut the bread, but hinge the bread, do not cut all the way open, and on the bottom side of one piece of bread, spread the mayonnaise,
- Then on the top side of the bread, spread the mustard, then on the bottom side again place three slices of the pickles and three slices of tomatoes and some of the salad. Then place five pieces of the fried shrimp inside and close the bread, and serve your Traditional Fried Shrimp Po Boy with a Hurricane drink from the site, and enjoy a traditional New Orleans Sandwich.